We present you with a win, win, win!
- a pig farmer was helped
- a driver got a pig
- a slaughterhouse and butcher were paid
- the 85 families we are committed to as well as many additional families also received high quality protein
- 20 organizations received donations of meat to distribute
The reactions to this week’s delivery of fresh pork were humbling. There were:
- tears and effusive thanks (most families had not had meat in months)
- offers to share with neighbors
- gifts of produce and bread from those in the country to those in the city
And now we have the opportunity to do it again!
- we are negotiating the donation of more pigs for next week
- we are committed to sparking the economy by sourcing goods and services from small providers
- we have been changed by this experience and it is our goal to keep this going
The Snow Angels in Ecuador and our partner organizations, Hearts of Gold, Cuenca Soup Kitchen, and Fundacion Nur thank you for making it possible to do this work.